The church of Christ in Jersey Village is a family, made up of people from all walks of life, who seek to worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:24), love each other (John 13:34,35) and serve the world around us (Mark 10:45). These core principles are at the heart of every ministry that we are involved in and these dictate all that we do.
From a worldly perspective we are as different as we can be, yet we are completely united in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:26-29). We are young and old, we are multiracial, multilingual and we are multiethnic. However, we come together as one family, heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17).
At the core of our beliefs is that the Bible is the inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16) and that every single word within its pages is true. We believe that the Bible gives us all we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).
We believe that the Bible is God’s love letter to mankind in which He expresses His desire that all men be saved (1 Timothy 2:4).
We believe that once we sin for the first time we are separated from God (Isaiah 59:2) and need to be reconciled back to Him before we can find salvation. We believe that God so loved man that He sent Jesus to die for our sins (John 3:16; Romans 5:8). It is the blood of Christ that purchased our freedom, redeemed us, from sin (Ephesians 1:7).
We believe that the Bible says that it is only in Jesus that we find salvation (Acts 4:12; John 14:6)
We believe that God has directed us to share the saving message of Jesus with the entire world (Matthew 28:18-20).
We also believe that the Bible teaches us exactly what we must do to be in a right relationship, a saved relationship, with God:
– That we must believe Jesus is the Son of God (John 8:24)
– That we must repent of our sins (Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30)
– That we must confess the name of Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9)
– That we must be baptized for the forgiveness of our sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16; 1 Peter 3:21)
– That at baptism God gives us His Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Ephesians 1:13)
– That God adds us to His church at baptism (Acts 2:47)
– That we must live faithfully even to death to receive the crown of life (Revelation 2:10)
Our hope is that when you visit JV you will be made to feel completely welcome and at home and you will be treated like the honored guest that you are!